Biking in Sunriver is unquestionably the most popular outdoor activity in the area. Ride alongside the Deschutes River or among the pine trees on 35 miles of paved bike paths. Or venture out into the Forest and experience some of the best mountain biking in the country. The Bend/Sunriver area has an extensive mountain biking trail network. The Sunriver Resort Bike Barn has over 400 bikes in the fleet ready to rent by the hour or for the entire week. No reservations for rentals are necessary. Bike rentals include a helmet, lock and bike map. Under 18 years of age need a parent or legal guardian's signature on waiver form.
In addition to the 35 miles of flat and paved trails in Sunriver, some popular mountain bike trail rides in the area include:
- Benham Falls loop - a short 8 mile loop along the Deschutes river.
- Newberry Crater Rim Loop - challenging singletrack trail 20 minutes south of Sunriver
- Todd Lake - Steep high alpine ride off of the Cascade Lakes Highway
- Swede Ridge Loop - Rolling singletrack off of Highway 46 on the way to Mt. Bachelor
- Sparks and Lava Lakes - 10 mile technical ride with amazing mountain views
Call the Bike Barn at 541-593-3721 for more information on trail rides and bike rentals at the Resort.
Phone Number: 541-593-3721
HOURS OF OPERATION
Closed for the season. Will open mid-March 2014.
Near the Great Hall and Fort Funnigan, the Bike Barn at Sunriver Resort has over 400 bikes ready to ride during your visit! Ride alongside the Deschutes River or among the pine trees on 35 miles of paved bike paths. Locks, helmets, bike maps and recommended routes included with the rental. Children under 18 years of age need a parent or legal guardian signature.
|Front Suspension Mountain||$14||$32||$53|
|Full Suspension Mtn/Tandems||$17||$37||$63|
|Child Trailers/Alley Cats||$12||$20||$33|
|Front Suspension Mountain||$15||$35||$58|