Summetime Digs: How to Select the Ideal Summer Vacation Rental
Summer in Sunriver means long, warm days filled with riding bikes on the endless paths, splashing around in the sun-drenched pool, rounding out a game of bocce ball on the regulation courts, or navigating the cool waters via stand up paddle board. With today’s tasks solidly checked off and tomorrows adventures happily on the horizon, you’ll want to return to the most perfect vacation home to relax in pure comfort. But how to you choose the right vacation home for what you need? Here is our “Lucky Seven” list of tips on how to start your search for the perfect place to stay.
1. Room for Everyone: Figure out the number of people that will be traveling with you, and how many bedrooms you’ll need in order to accommodate everyone comfortably. Be sure to research the maximum number of people a house may accommodate and don’t go over that number in order to stay within the fire code regulations.
2. Indoor vs. Outdoor Space: Assess how much time you wish to spend indoors vs. outdoors. Some houses have amazing outdoor living spaces with expansive decks, outdoor cooking capabilities, and al fresco dining. Others may have interior great rooms for gathering, gourmet kitchens, or formal dining areas. Determine which makes the most sense for your group or travel schedule and use that to narrow down your options.
3. What to Do, What to Do: Consider what activities you plan to participate in while visiting. If there are events through Sunriver Resort you’d like to attend, staying in a resort managed home can provide exclusive access and convenient intra-resort shuttles. If you plan to ski or kayak and want to bring your own equipment, you may prefer somewhere with a garage.
4. Location and Accessibility: The best part about being in Sunriver is all the amazing things you can see and do while here. Identify the top three things on your “must do” list and choose your vacation home location near those areas. You can also ask the Sunriver Resort concierge or reservations staff about the most convenient biking or walking routes from a certain neighborhood to your desired locations.
5. The Must Have List: Not all houses are created equally. Be sure to research whether a particular house has all the features you desire such as air conditioning, hot tub, fireplace, and high speed internet access. Make a list of your top five features and use it to compare different options.
6. Added Perks: One of the many benefits of staying in a Sunriver Resort managed property are all the wonderful perks that go along with it. These bonuses include discounted SHARC pool passes, recreation discounts at the marina, reduced prices at the stables, access to exclusive family programs and events, access to the intra-resort shuttle, special golf course privileges, and exclusive dining access. It can save a lot of planning and be friendlier on your budget in the long run!
7. Ask the Pro: We get to experience all the best parts of Sunriver every single day. If you are looking for that perfect place to use as a base for your stay, ask our reservations team. They can sort through your must haves and can help pair you with the perfect place to call home while visiting. If you prefer to do your own research, try using the ‘filter’ feature on the Sunriver Resort or VRBO websites to help narrow down your options.