Skiing and Snow
Voted one of the Top 50 Ski Resort Hotels in North America by Conde Nast Traveler, Sunriver Resort is the Northwest's premier ski destination. Famous for its dry and abundant (average 370 inches per year) powder, Mt. Bachelor is just 20 minutes from the Resort. Daily shuttles are available during designated times. $10 for resort guests. $20 for the general public round trip.
From Thanksgiving thru Febrary Sunriver Stables provides one horse open sleigh rides in a beautiful Victorian sleigh. Ride along the Deschutes River and through the woods with a spectacular view of Mt Bachelor and the Sunriver Meadow. Each sleigh is private seating 4 adults, 2 children and is equipped with warm blankets for snuggling and sleigh bells for winter cheer. Reservations are required. Please call 541-593-6995.
Four of the best spots to bring the kids (and kids at heart) sledding/tubing:
- Wanoga Sno-Park on Hwy 46, about a 20 minute drive from Sunriver Resort
- Edison Sno-Park on Road 45, about 15 minute drive from Sunriver Resort
- Mt. Bachelor's tubing park
Crosscountry Skiing Sno-Parks
Paulina Lakes - 10 miles of trail at Newberry Crater about 20 minutes from Sunriver Resort
Virginia Meisner - 10 miles of trail off of Hwy 46. About 30 minutes from Sunriver Resort
Edison Sno-Park - Ungroomed trails off of Road 45, about 20 minutes from Sunriver Resort. Dogs allowed!
Mt. Bachelor Nordic Trails - 56 km of groomed track-set trails. Season runs from November - April.
- All five sno-parks off the road to Mt. Bachelor allow snowshoeing
- Wanderlust Tours offers nature tours on the snow with expert guides. Moonlight tours are also available.
The Village Mall in Sunriver offers a covered skating rink in the Winter. Skate rentals available on site. For Holiday and normal hours of operation, please visit villageatsunriver.com or call 541-593-5948 for more information.
- Trail of Dreams, operated by Rachael Scdoris, a world renowned athlete and Iditarod racer, takes you on a unique and majestic experience in the Cascades with her team of dogs
Call the concierge at 541.593.4609 for more information about these and other winter recreation opportunities.