Central Oregon Recreation
For those looking for a home away from home while enjoying the pristine beauty of Central Oregon, Sunriver Resort is the finest Oregon resort destination. Central Oregon boasts an abundance of pristine natural beauty and abundant sunshine, which have made this region one of the most popular outdoor recreation areas in the world. Our family friendly vacation resort is the perfect home base from which to enjoy the area's amazing array of sports opportunities including:
- Biking - 35 miles of paved bike paths within Sunriver and hundreds of miles of mountain biking trails in the surrounding forest.
- Hiking - Surrounded by thousands of acres of National Forest land and hundreds of miles of hiking trails.
- Horseback riding - Guided horse rides available at the Sunriver Stables.
- Fishing - World class fly-fishing on the Deschutes and Fall rivers. Spin and bait fishing on dozens of nearby mountain lakes.
- World-class skiing - 3,600 acres of skiable terrain on nearby Mt. Bachelor.
- Snowboarding - 3,600 acres of skiable terrain on nearby Mt. Bachelor.
- Groomed Nordic trails - Dutchman Flat, Swampy Lakes, Edison and Meissner Sno Parks and the Mt. Bachelor Nordic Center are all within a 20 minute drive from Sunriver Resort. For a list of sno-parks and and winter trail maps visit the U.S. Forest Service Bend District Winter Recreation page.
- Dog-sled rides - Iditarod dog sleds rides available from Mt. Bachelor.
- Snowmobiling - Over 500 miles of groomed trails in the area. Nearest trails are Wanoga and Dutchman Flat Sno-Parks about 20 minutes from the Resort.
- Snowshoeing - Guided tours available departing from the Resort.
- Whitewater rafting - Class III rapids minutes from the Resort.
- Kayaking - Float trips available at the Sunriver marina and whitewater available down stream.
- Rock climbing - Over 1,500 climbing routes at Smith Rock, about an hour's drive from Sunriver.